"We don't get a second chance to make a Good First Impression. Most buyers look for homes that are Clean and Spiffy!"
Checklist for Faster Sales:
- Yard: remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
- Front of House: paint, fix or wash steps, railings, storms, screens and front door
- Other Exterior: clean side and back door, gutters and wash windows
- Garage: tidy, paint, fix or wash doors and windows
- Plumbing: repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets, etc
- Heating/cooling: clean exterior of unit
- Lights: replace all burned out bulbs and faulty switches
- Hall and Stairs: remove clutter to give wider appearance
- Hardware: oil hinges, tighten doorknobs and faucets
- General: dust, wash, paint and fix as required
- Spaciousness: store unnecessary items to give a feeling of space
Help Your Realtor:
- For showings, please be out of the house if possible
- Turn on lights for showing
- Strong odors can ruin a sale. Make sure your home smells fresh.
- Yes, you may love your pets, but prospective buyers may not feel as comfortable with animals. Try to remove them for showings.
- Place 'highlight sheets' where they will be seen
- Have your home ready 15 minutes prior to appointment
- Please accommodate scheduling if possible
Super Critical Items:
Fill out the form below and let me know about the dream home you are looking to purchase and I will help guide you through the process:
- Kitchen: stove, refrigerator and sink should be spotless. Workspace and counters clean.
- Bathroom: clean and fresh
- Closets: tidy (overcrowded closets suggest inadequate storage space)
Seller Statistics 63 percent of recent homebuyers, and 39 percent of purchase intenders said they visited a home they first saw on the Internet.
25 percent of recent home buyers said they bought a house they first saw on-line.
21 percent said they contacted a REALTOR® they first found on-line.
Source: IPSOS-Reid Study